Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Fall - New Beginnings

I love the fall.  I love everything about the fall.  I love that there is change in the air.  I don't mind that the days are getting shorter, but even still, they're not that short.  I love that feeling of "vacation's over, back to work" even though Big Steve and I didn't enjoy much vacation goodness this summer.  When I was a little girl, I used to LOVE the smell of that new box of crayons for school.  I loved the new school year, the clean slate, the potential A+'s, the new teacher I hadn't aggravated yet.  It was all so good.

There's a precious little girl in my life with all the same optimism.  Even though I assured her the garden was spent, she wanted to explore.  I tried to explain how the weather made all the veggies come in extra early this year and there wasn't the same Labor Day bounty we have come to expect.  Nothing would dissuade her.

So....as one should expect, eternal optimism paid off.  I need to take a page out of little Lekya's book.  Expect good things, expect blessings, and that's exactly what will happen.  As evidence:


Now, I assure you.  We did not plant pumpkins this year.  It's a gift from God.  We didn't sow, but we reaped.  And what a lovely pumpkin it is!!!  It came out of the compost pile, just the way that God uses the compost of our lives to bless us and those around us.  What a wonderful Father!



No comments: