Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Need Counsel

I am considering my next project.  I have wanted to do the "Walkaway Dress" for ever and ever so long.  It was available on ebay for way more than I could ever afford to pay for a dress pattern.  But this year, Butterick decided to reprint the pattern, and I got it for 99 cents at JoAnn.  I have been doing some research, and have learned that many women have problems with the dress.  It seems like it sags in the front and sags in the back due to the weight of the wrap-around dress.  I'm pretty confident that I have enough hitch in my get-along to pull off the back of the dress.  It looks something like this:


So anyway, I've got the pattern for this and not only do I have the pattern, but I have the MOST ADORABLE vintage chapeau to go with.  It was my mother's.  She paid mega bucks for it in the 50's (maybe 40's) from the Imperial in downtown Schenectady.  Looky here:




Awesome, I know.  You are jealous!!!  But I digress.

The other project that might be next in my hit parade would be something I could actually wear to work and would give my colleagues a break from the (polyester, never needs to be ironed, black man made fiber); uniform I have been abusing of late.  It is also a reprint of a vintage pattern.

So anyway...opinions, please!!!




No comments: