Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Les Halles

That's the name of the wonderful brasserie my oldest son (Jeffrey) and his dear girlfriend (Kim) took me and my Mom (Nonnie) to on Sunday.  Coming from the Capital District, I am not used to such wonder and such efficiency.  We started with the Escargots and Coutons de Coulommiers rotis au miel et poivre.  Just enough to share to whet our appetites, and every bite was ecstasy.  I ended up with the Confit de Canard.  I haven't had duck in ever so long, and this was so wonderfully crispy on the outside, and warm, moist, dark, tender deliciousness on the inside.  I coveted my companion's dishes, and hope to return some time to savor those too.

http://www.leshalles.net/ny_downtown.php

We chose to close without coffee or dessert.  Rather, we took a cab to Jeffrey's neighborhood Starbucks, and then enjoyed the coffee, company, and Turkish delight candy at Jeff & Kim's apartment.  It was a most restful and enjoyable day.  If only you could see Simone, their luscious kitty.

No comments: