Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Pa


I'd give almost anything to talk to my "Pa" today.  I need his wisdom and knowedge!!!   Even his conjecture would be a good thing, as it always was.  So whilst my spousal unit runs hither and yon to accept last minute father's day invitations from his family, I am here at home, just missing my Pa and wishing said spousal unit was here to be a comfort to me, as he is in every other situation.  If you have your Pa around today, talk to him, love him, consider what he says.  What you think is nonsense today might just make sense in 20 years or so.  I'm just sayin'.

Here's the question of the day -- howcome, when your Pa is deceased, does everyone assume that the holiday no longer holds any meaning to you and they ditch you like you had the plague?  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  But I am here alone today.  Again, I'm just sayin'.  Definitely NOT looking forward to that widow thing, if that's what the good Lord has in store for me some day. 

No comments: