Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

October 9, 2010 -- What I'm Thankful For

I think that, aside from what I'm doing and cooking and whatever, I need to focus on what I'm thankful for.  It's REALLY easy to bitch and moan and complain.  There is no end to that.  But every day, henceforth, I'm going to think about what I'm thankful for and dwell upon that.

So today -- the main thing is this -- the day.  Just the day.  It was an exquisite October day.  In the 60s, clear, brightly blue, with the reds, oranges and yellows of the fall mixed into the background.  Gorgeous.  Thank you so much, dear Lord!  After a week of dark and grey and rain -- your Glory!!!


At any rate, it was a real toss-up today.  I could have been thankful for my kind, industrous, insightful, ingenious husband, who expertly trimmed my mother's new kitchen window that he installed last week.  I don't know, but I think the beauty of God's day cleared and influenced his thinking, so I think the day trumps his awesome, wonderful, loving work.

I also could have been thankful for the wonderful, marvelous, gluten-free (and therefore safe!) meal we had at 99 restaurant after the work was done, courtesy of Nonnie, and my tummy is still full now at 9:15 p.m.  Thank you Lord for your many blessings!!!

I could also be thankful for the mother who adopted me as a little homeless waif, so many years ago, and did the job of raising this challenge of a strong willed child into adulthood, and hopefully, today, I am a part of the answer, not a part of the problem, due to the strength, intelligence and love of a woman who found herself responsible for me due to Divine intervention, in answer to her youthful prayers.  Thank you, and HAPPY 86th BIRTHDAY, dearest of Nonnies.  (HUGE smiles here from me).

At any rate, I am taking a vow to abstain from reading the news (and if you know my life, you know what a sacrifice this is) and spend my mental energy of each day on what I have to be thankful for that day.  Maybe I should change the name of this blog to "The Thankfulness Blog".  Just sayin'.....

No comments: