Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

What I'm Thankful For -- A Good Dog!!!

All my life I've had a good dog (whether or not my mother thought they were good dogs).  A good dog will guard you and your property, and put a serious hurt on a threat to either.  Now, I'm not talking about pit bulls, or trained attack dogs, I'm just talking about a good dog.  Any breed, doesn't matter.  Small, medium, or large.  Pure breed or mixed.  It really doesn't matter.  I believe with all of my heart that any dog could be an awesome guard dog - the only prerequisite is that they love you to pieces.  Which is impossible to avoid if you just love them to pieces first.  But wait a minute - mirror image - God loved us to pieces before we were born -- do we love Him to pieces?  How often?  Seriously???  I'm thinking the dogs have us all beat here on this one...but I digress....

So....I'm talking tonight about being THANKFUL for the knowledge of what a good dog means to me.  A good dog is the image of what every Christian ought to aspire to.  Obedient - cheerful - and a servant till their dying day.  I can't even imagine being more faithful to my Lord than my good dogs have been to me.  They are a life lesson from God, not to mention a blessing in that they are the best friend you could ever know.

All that being said -- I observed Mr. Tuffy in Theo's old space, looking very much like Theo did in the few months preceding his decease.  I looked at Tuffy, and his look said "I am SO TRYING to be your best dog, but Heaven help me, I am just soooooooooooooooooooooooo tired".  God love him, he is.  And he was and is still the best faithful servant anyone ever had the privilege of knowing.  And a life lesson, to boot.  Thank you Lord, for the blessing of a good dog!!!





No comments: