Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Friends!

Tuffy and Elsa would appear to be dear friends already.


If you are a "dog" person, you will understand that two dogs who have known each other fewer than 72 hours, who can share a blankie face to face like that, with a chewey thing between them, with no aggression, no stress -- this is a very good match indeed.

I haven't had too many friends as close as this in my life.  I have been blessed with a few, but these types of friends are few and far between.

I'm so thankful that Elsa is with us, and I'm so thankful that it's all working out the way it is.  She is a dear, sweet girl, and a comfortable companion not only to us, but to Tuffy.

I feel bad that she doesn't have a winter coat, having come from "the south" (Georgia?).  It's really cold outside, and I can see her shivering.  I know we'll all feel a lot better when the temperature rises in the (hopefully) near future.

At any rate, our little family is complete again, and I can say it is complete in a sweet, comfortable way.

No comments: