Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Gluten Free Lasagne ... and Noodle Kugel

It has been a long, wearying week.  And a long weekend day.  And I am weary.  And yet -- there is something about fixing a meal that energizes me.  I'm not sure about anyone else.

So -- tonight we're having a recipe that I could not resist...gluten free lasagne.  You will find it here.  We haven't tried it yet, but it smells SCRUMPTIOUS!!!

http://glutenfreemommy.com/lasagna/

Her entire website is enticing, and we went to multiple stores tonight to find the anchovy paste.

That is the present -- now to the past.  I remember making lasagne for years for my family.  And always having noodles left over.  And so, we made noodle kugel.  It's not rocket science, it's actually no more than bread pudding.  But it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, if you can eat the noodles.

So here's something like:

leftover lasagne (or other noodles) at least half a pound

Combine in greased pot: 1 c. sugar 1/2 c. raisins 1/2 c. cinnamon (or, to taste) 1/2 to 1 cube butter

Mix gently, but thoroughly. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serve hot.

Comfort food to the ultimate degree!!!  Not diet friendly, not celiac friendly, but if you don't care, neither do I!!!  God bless us everyone!!!

No comments: