Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Apples and Soldiers and Mail, Oh My!

I'm not sure how many apples we've processed and dried so far this fall, but we've only just begun.  I heard this years apple crop was a doozie, and I quite agree.  We've been buying the "utilities" -- those that don't "quite" meet the retail standard.  Frankly, they are beautiful and delicious just the same.  I'll keep the dryer running, loaded with apples, as long as I can get my hands on these babies.  We've been getting them from Golden Harvest Farms in Valatie, NY.  These are some of the nicest folks and the loveliest products you will find around here.  So friends, if you are in the area, stop by and say "hi" and have some of their wonderful apples, peaches, pears, pies, cider donuts, etc.  It's a real treat!!  http://goldenharvestfarms.com/

At any rate, we'll dry just as many apples as we can for soldier packages.  We've only just begun!  It's times like these I love my Excalibur dryer and understand why some folks have 2 or 3.  Someday!


Anyway, PLEASE ask me how you can be a blessing to a deployed soldier today.  I don't care how you feel about the war, and it doesn't really matter.  We're not talking about politics here, we're talking about the men and women who have given up their freedom so that you can enjoy all of your freedoms.  Just go here -- http://soldiersangels.org/.

No comments: