Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Well I'll Be Dang Burned - This is a New One - Even for Me!

I was awakened at around 2:30 am this morning by a strange sound.  Something I had never heard before.  I asked Big Steve "Did you hear a sound?"  "Yes," he said "I coughed".  "No!  Something different!!!"  We were silent.  I heard it again!  We immediately got up to investigate.  In the dark, Elsa tore out of the dining room, through the kitchen and back to her bed, nearly knocking me over.  What greeted us is below -- that dog had actually been digging up the rug!!!

DSC00905

I'm still scratching my head on this one.  What would possess a dog to get up in the night like a thief and start digging up a rug?  It's just a good thing we haven't started the renovations on the downstairs yet, and our rugs are still of the, um, let's just call them the easily replaceable variety.

Kids these days!  They will somehow always find a new way to get in trouble!!!

No comments: