Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Coockoo Coockoo!!!

I was blessed with a coockoo clock, something I have ALWAYS wanted, by my oldest son Jeffrey, for Christmas.  It's new, it's wonderful, it's obedient.  It's here:


I'm not sure why, but even though it's not far from my bedroom, it doesn't wake me up until the 5 o'clock coockoo.  Then I can make a decision...sleep another hour, or not.  It's the original snooze button.

THEN....

We have my Gramma's coockoo clock, recently given to me by my mother.  It has a mind of its own, as had Gramma.  I could make a whole other page about Gramma, but I digress...  This coockoo rings whatever damned hour it wants to, except only on the half hour.  On the hour, it rings once, for the half hour.




SO.....................the only time of the day that the planets are aligned is exactly 1:00!!!!!  My new (Jeffrey) clock coockoos once and my Gramma clock rings once (for the half hour, but if you're showing up at the party, who really cares)!!!!

A few weeks ago, I spent some time home alone sick, and I swear, the harmony of 1:00 p.m. was a huge part of my healing!!

No comments: