Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Soap Night at the Haney Place

My constant lament is that my day job (for real $$$ PAY) gets in the way of my personal life.  After a scrumptious dinner of herb baked fish and deconstructed stuffed peppers, I found, MUCH to my dismay, that we were out of laundry detergent.  If you're not familiar with us yet, you might not realize that we make our own laundry detergent.

Suffice it to say, it's past 9 pm on a night I was going to get to bed REALLY early.  But dinner's done, dishes are done, and I have 3 months worth of laundry detergent put by for mere pennies!!!!  About 1/2 hour's work, and it's low sudsing, environmentally friendly, CHEAP frugal(!) and now it's done.  Feet hurt a little more than they did, but I am SO THANKFUL I didn't give in to the convenience demon and send dear spousal unit out for some chemically laden crapola.  :-)  If I had, I wouldn't be sitting here comfortably listening to him playing/singing "shady grove". 

If you want to know how we do it, just go here:  http://thehaneyplace.blogspot.com/2009/12/homemade-laundry-detergent.html

It's soul satisfying work.  I know I did the best by my family, my environment, my laundry and my budget tonight.  I'll sleep with a contented heart tonight!

No comments: