Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

End of the Winter Peach Cobbler (and dinner of course)

Well, there aren't any more Haney peaches here from last year, as you can well imagine.  So for a last minute "company" dessert, what could we do?  Canned peaches to the rescue!  This was a truly simple recipe, and that warm peach cobbler seemed to be a blessing to all here tonight.

So here we go:

2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter

Whip it all up good, and then add:

2 cups milk alternately with
2 cups self rising flour

Mix it all up, throw it all into a well greased 9 x 13 pan and then then dump a 29 oz. can of canned peaches on top and bake at 350 for 1/2 hour or so...

Here you go in photos both before:


And after (note how those pretty peaches sank to the bottom and moistened everything real nice..)


Tonight's dinner was grilled marinated flank steak, store bought dinner rolls with butter, and a lovely rice/spinach/egg/cheese thing I threw together without thinking about it.  If you want to make it, let me know, and I'll figure it out.  We marinated the flank steak (from that pastured cow we got a few weeks back) and it looked something like this (I'm still rubbing my tummy...)


And the rice/spinach/egg/cheese thing looked something like this...



And when they were digging in, it looked something like this...



No leftovers tonight, so I consider it a success.  When Steve and I remove ourselves from this place, I declare I will need farmhands to feed, at the very least....

At any rate, here at the Haney Place we pray tonight that God would bless you as richly as He has blessed us.

No comments: