Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ketchup -- The Recipe

It just couldn't be easier.  I'm WHEY-ting for my whey to be ready.  Then we'll make some lacto-fermented ketchup that will knock your body's health socks off.  In the meantime, this recipe is a radical improvement to store-bought, commercial ketchup.

  • 1 6 oz. can organic tomato paste
  • 1/4 cup filtered water
  • 1/8 cup honey (I used a coffee/tea teaspoonful of raw wild manuka honey)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt ( we use celtic sea salt)
  • 1/4 tsp. cumin
  • 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp. cloves ( I like a little more -- cloves are warm and wonderful)
  • 2 Tlb. apple cider vinegar (use the good stuff, "with the mother", otherwise, why bother)
Just stir, refrigerate, and enjoy.  I'm "whey"ting for our whey to be ready (from our blessed raw milk) and then I'll post the recipe for a wonderful lacto-fermented ketchup.  Good stuff!!!

No comments: