Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

OAMC - Shopping Day

I've done once a month cooking type sessions in the past, and thought it was time I invest in another session, just to give myself a break during the week.  So today was shopping day, and all I can say is WHEW!!!  The store was absolutely jam-packed, and the lines to the registers went all the way up the aisles, so we were literally shopping through folks who were waiting in line.

But I got the whole list, and I'm sitting down to make the plan of attack for tomorrow.  There will be a concentration on baking, both gluten free and regular, and some made up entrees, as well.  This time, there will be some interesting dishes, a little out of the ordinary.  I got some smelts and some calamari.  Then there are the usual staples like ham, bacon, sausages, chicken, etc.

Here's what the ingredients look like right now:


As you can see, there is even a little kahlua in the front, for the tiramisu we're having tomorrow.  Our friend Rob is coming over to play guitar with Steve.  Some good music should make the work more pleasant.  He may bring his little girl over, which will also be nice.  She's a real nice little thing, a good kitchen helper, and she'll perk the place up while I work.

I'll post the list of recipes later -- as soon as I get myself together and get these groceries put away.

Tomorrow is supposed to be bitterly cold and very windy.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......  What a blessing to be able to spend the day in a warm kitchen with plenty of food.

No comments: