Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Our Secret

You'll need to read this whole post to learn the secret!!!
A productive day at the Haney Place, if I may say so.  Stiva built an enclosure for the dishwasher with  a plant rack.  Tomorrow, then, I need to repot several plants to make them presentable for the new piece of (as yet unfinished) furniture.  As soon as Stiva paints it with something highly glossy (and thus wipeable,) I'm going to adorn it with some Amish hearts, or something like.  See here:




I don't know how he does it.  I am almost ashamed to admit it, but when I do a sewing pattern, Stiva often helps me figuring out the layout.  There was a time I got him involved in a pattern, and he ended up doing the whole thing!  But I digress.....Then he went and built up a thingy (the technical term) for Theo's food dish, so that his old, arthritic spine and neck wouldn't have to bend over so far to enjoy his dinner (one of his few remaining joys).  Looky here:




So now, it's time for dinner, and the "boys" have been fed and they are well content, especially Theo, to whom I have given one of my mother's hand sewn pillows upon which to lay his head.  And if you should tell Nonnie about this, I'll be sure to eat your liver sometime soon!!!!  That's the secret, and if you let it out, I'll come and find you.  Bwaaa-haa-haa!!!!



At any rate, it's Spanish style roast chicken tonight, with baked potatoes (upon which to heap the roasted salsa, tomato, garlic sausage-y type stuff that was roasted under the chicken.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments: