Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Well, you chop onions and peel carrots

That's what you do when there's nothing else to do.  So numbly, dinner was:

Salmon, oven baked with sofrito, then topped with cheddar cheese and re-baked, along with deconstucted stuffed peppers with rice, mushrooms, onions, and cheese, served with sage cornbread.  I'm sure it was very tasty.

For tomorrow, I've already simmered a chicken carcass, and added some dried zucchini and leeks from the garden, along with carrots, celery and onions.  If history repeats itself, it will be very good.  It's just that I've lost my sense of taste and smell along with my bestest friend.

If Theo has his way, I will resume real life.  It's just going to take a while.  In the meantime, I'll be peeling carrots, and chopping onions...

No comments: